2015 form 5500 filing deadline is July 31, 2016!
WHAT IS A FORM 5500?
The Department of Labor (DOL) requires this annual report which contains pertinent information about employee benefit plans which is intended to ensure that they are being operated and managed in accordance with certain standards meant to protect the rights and benefits of the plan participant.
If a benefits plan has 100 or more participants on the first day of the plan year, DOL regulations require the Form 5500 return to be submitted no later than the last day of the 7th month following the end of the plan year.
PENALTIES FOR NON-COMPLIANCE:
The IRS and DOL charge substantial penalties for delinquent filings. Failure to file a required Form 5500 can result in DOL imposed penalties of up to $1,100 per day, no maximum. The IRS imposed penalties are $25 per day, up to a maximum of $15,000.
As a leader with over 35 years of combined Form 5500 consulting and experience, Benefits Compliance Consultants, Inc. is always available to guide you through this process and answer any questions that you may have. We offer a cost-effective, turn-key approach along with unparalleled service and can provide you and your clients with the following solutions:
- Complimentary review of prior years Form 5500 filings and related attachments.
- Preparation of current and/or delinquent Form 5500 filings and attachments.
- Electronic filing services under the ERISA Filing Acceptance System 2 (EFAST2).
- PIN Relief, eliminating the need for a signature from company owners or managers.
- Complimentary assistance with all IRS and DOL inquiries regarding Form 5500 filings.
- Automatic annual filings, updates and analysis provided on an ongoing basis.
Benefits Compliance Consultants, Inc. makes it easy to file form 5500 and avoid any costly non-compliance penalties. Simply email the information listed below to email@example.com, and a specialist will contact you promptly regarding the next steps:
- Full plan sponsor name (including capitalization and punctuation)
- Plan sponsor address
- Plan sponsor EIN
- Client contact information (Include full name, phone, and email)
- Number of active employees as of the first day of the plan year
Leave it to us to help eliminate the burden of these complex government filings, so that you and your clients can focus on doing what you do best. And because Form 5500’s is all that we do, you can rest assured that your needs will be met on time, be 100% accurate and that you will always receive superior customer service. For more information regarding our Form 5500 services, please visit our website at www.bc2co.com, or call us anytime at 515.244.2424.